The Paediatric Burns unit at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital admits about 400 children annually. The unit strives to serve the community by:
- Emphasising primary prevention of burns through community outreach and education;
- Conduction Emergency Management of Severe Burns courses;
- Creating a larger unit with its own independent theatre and anaesthetic support
- Providing a nurturing and stimulating environment to recover in;
- Recruiting and retaining nursing staff.
Knights Pendragon supports this essential community facility by assisting in the raising of funds for necessary equipment replacements and upgrades. Want to learn more or donate?