By viewing this Rotary Club of Knights Pendragon (RCKP) website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) disclaimer. You understand and agree that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the “owner” of this website, and such use may include placing such information in the public domain.
Furthermore by continuing to access this website you specifically agree that the Club will use such information provided by you, irrespective of the nature of such information.
RCKP shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “Personal Information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”). Personal Information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you as a person or data subject, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address.
The Purpose for the Collection of Personal Information
• To remunerate the Contractor;
• To comply with laws authorising or requiring such processing, including (but not limited to) the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962 and the VAT Act 89 of 1991;
• To conduct criminal, credit and other related reference checks;
Visitor and Subscriber Information
• To distribute newsletters, visitor and subscriber communications and administration of subscriber accounts;
• To authenticate the visitor or subscriber;
• To provide the visitor or subscriber with information which RCKP believes may be of interest to the visitor or subscriber, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Rotary International or RCKP is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Donors, Suppliers and Third Party Contractor/Service Provider Information
• To secure the donations, products and services of the donor, supplier or service provider or contractor as part of RCKP’s humanitarian service offering to those less fortunate;
• To manage the RCKP supply chain and relationship with the donor, supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the donor or supplier and RCKP;
• To provide the donor, supplier, service provider or contractor with information which RCKP believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which RCKP is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
• Directly from the person when he/she subscribes to the RCKP website or applies for RCKP membership directly to RCKP or via the Rotary International or Rotary District 9400 NPC websites;
• From RCKP Members and entities employed by RCKP to provide services to RCKP which may be legally entitled to provide RCKP with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by RCKP will be stored as follows:
• In a secure and safe manner according to information security principles;
• For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is:
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by RCKP for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
- Retained further with the person’s consent.
After which the information will be disposed of by the RCKP officer holding/maintaining such information.
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to RCKP will be treated as confidential and RCKP will not disclose information unless legally permitted to so. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the data subject agrees that RCKP may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes set out in our POPI Policy:
• To RCKP members, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information in the support of the objectives of RCKP;
• To financial and government organisations who may request information from RCKP, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (member, donor, subscriber, contractor, supplier and/or service provider) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by RCKP:
• Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
• The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject;
• The right to request RCKP to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
RCKP accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the RCKP Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the website.