Rotary supports activities and training that reduce the cause and effect of disease including:
1. Improving the capacity of local health care professionals;
2. Promoting disease prevention programs, with the goal of limiting the spread of communicable
diseases and reducing the incidences of and complications from non-communicable diseases;
3. Enhancing the health infrastructure of local communities;
4. Educating and mobilizing communities to help prevent the spread of major diseases;
5. Preventing physical disability resulting from disease or injury;
6. Supporting studies for career-minded professionals related to disease prevention and treatment.
The largest Rotary International project focused on this theme is PolioPlus, the decades long running project to systematically eradication the poliomyelitis virus from the world which has reduced endemic polio to only 3 remaining countries.